In this episode, I am discussing my experiences returning to the US for 3 weeks from Mexico. There are some interesting observations on how I have had to learn to adjust to the US way of doing things and not doing things that I simply do not want to.
This should be a fairly short but interesting episode. I am recording this on Thursday, October 20th. This last week has been absolutely crammed with getting things done before my wife before she left for Nacogdoches Texas to visit her family and take the car. She left Thursday and will be back on Sunday and I will be carless for that time.
I have a lot of things to get done.
- Get the car inspected and renew the registration
- Sell the car as we can no longer keep the car in Mexico
- Have my hearing checked
- Get my teeth cleaned and gums checked at the periodontist
- Get our COVID booster shots which are not available in Mexico
- Purchase a new MacBook Air and get the data transferred over from my ancient 2015 model
- Order other electronics like a new webcam which is easier to acquire while I am back in Austin
- Purchase a new iPhone for my wife and switching iPhones between our different accounts
- Visit with my financial advisor and figure out where to get cash for the purchase of a new car in Mexico
- Get an apostille version of my marriage certificate
- Visit with my website developer
- Reconnect with various organizations and friends including Metropolitan Breakfast Club
- Pick up a bike tire and touchup paint that I cannot get in Mexico
- Come back to vote
This episode is sponsored by Career Pivot. Check out the Career Pivot Community, and be sure to pick up my latest book, Third Edition.
For the full show notes and resources mentioned in the episode click here.